The presidential debate between Vice President Mike Pence and Senator Kamala Harris was quieter, clearer, and disciplined than the previous Trump and Biden encounter, according to CNBC. The debate began on the coronavirus pandemic and quickly shifted to broader policy issues of climate change, jobs, trade, and American-China relations. Trump and Biden were the biggest debate targets.
- On coronavirus
- Harris. Trump administration failed to act in the early days of the pandemic
- Pence. Trump has put American people’s health first, and Biden would not have done better in a similar scenario
- On US-China trade relations
- Harris. American people have witnessed the greatest failure of any presidential administration in history. She slammed Trump’s handling of the China trade war.
- Pence. Biden never fought in Trump’s China trade war tensions.
- Attitude and action towards U.S. military
- Harris. Joe Biden “would hold Russia to account” on reports that Russia gave bounties to Afghan militants to kill U.S. troops
- Pence. Slanders against Trump on American armed forces are absurd
- On getting along
- Harris. Biden has a longstanding reputation of working with people across the aisle, lifting others, and fighting for dignity
- Pence. “Don’t assume that what you’re seeing on your local news networks is synonymous with the American people.”
U.S. stocks gaining: SPY is up on premarket 0.49%, DIA is up on premarket 1.87%, QQQ is up on premarket 1.73%.