Bosch is set to work with Microsoft to develop a software platform for vehicles, according to Reuters. The move aims to capture the fast-growing market for electromobility and automated driving technologies.
- Using cloud technology, the software platform will enhance vehicle’s control units and computers can get software throughout their lifetime.
- The technology is based on Microsoft Azure and includes software modules from Bosch.
- Bosch and Microsoft plan to use the software platform in vehicle prototypes by the end of 2021.
- Both companies will also cooperate to adapt existing software tools to let automakers and suppliers to simplify and accelerate their own software updates.
- Last week, Germany carmaker Volkswagen AG partnered with Microsoft to use its cloud computing services to streamline software development efforts for self-driving cars.
Microsoft stock is currently declining. MSFT: NASDAQ is down 1.00%