Shopify’s fourth-quarter revenue was $977.7 million, up 94% from the comparable quarter of 2019, according to the company’s press release. The revenue was fueled by gross merchandise volume, which rose by $20.5 billion, or 99% over the fourth quarter to $41.1 billion.
- Shopify’s fourth quarter subscription solutions revenue was $279.4 million, up 53% year over year.
- Merchant solutions revenue in the fourth quarter was $698.3 million, up 117%, driven primarily by GMV.
- Monthly recurring revenue as of December 31, 2020, was $82.6 million, up 53% year over year.
- Adjusted operating income for the fourth quarter was $200.0 million, or 20% of revenue, up 6% from the comparable quarter of 2019.
- Adjusted net income for the fourth quarter was $198.8 million or $1.58 per diluted share, up from an adjusted income of $50.0 million or $0.43 per diluted share in the comparable quarter of 2019.
- Shopify’s FY20 revenue was $2,929.5 million, an 86% increase over 2019.
- GMV for FY20 was $119.6 billion, an increase of 96% over 2019
- Adjusted net income for FY20 was $491.3 million or $3.98 per diluted share, up from $34.3 million or $0.30 per diluted share in 2019.
Shopify stock is currently declining. SHOP: NYSE is down 2.75%