Moderna Inc. has raised its manufacturing plans for the next two years, according to the company’s press release. The biotechnology company targets to increase capacity to 1.4 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines by 2022 to meet global commitments.
- 2021 manufacturing plan raised to 700 million doses from 600 million; capacity being boosted to 1 billion doses this year.
- New capital investments made to increase capacity to up to 1.4 billion doses in 2022 to cater to global demand for both vaccine and variant-based boosters.
- Net loss at $272 million in the fourth quarter of 2020 from $123 million in 2019; full-year net loss at $747 million from $514 million previous year.
- Revenues up to $571 million in fourth-quarter 2020; full-year top line at $803 million from $60 million.
- Supply agreements covering at least 795.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine made with 12 countries — Canada; Colombia; European Union; Israel; Japan; Qatar; Republic of Korea; Singapore; Switzerland; Taiwan; United Kingdom; United States.
MRNA: Nasdaq is down 3.58%